BIG IDEA: When the floor falls out from beneath you, the family of God is designed and uniquely capable to serve as a new floor in any season of life.
We are all either currently going through a transition or know that one is coming soon. If we prioritize our faith and turn to our church family during big transitions, these seasons can become something to look forward to and not something to fear. With the family of God at your side, transitions provide unique opportunities for growth and intimacy with Christ.
SERIES INTRO – “FAMILY DYNAMICS”
Through Jesus and his Spirit dwelling in us, we are a part of the family of God. What does this mean? What should the church, when healthy, naturally do and look like? This series helps us consider what scripture says about healthy dynamics within the Church. We want to ask of our own family here at Sideris, how are we doing and how can we be even more faithful to our calling as a local representation of the universal family of God? // Ephesians 2:19-22
1. Don’t fail to transition — Nostalgia can keep us in the past and stunt our growth towards the future.
2. Seek intimacy with Christ during a season of change — Re-root your identity in Jesus as other identity anchors fade away.
3. Start being on mission now — As you’re preparing or adjusting, reclaim your time, energy & even money for God’s mission.
4. Find a church where you can serve —
SCRIPTURE to CONSIDER: 2 Corinthians 1:3-4:
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.
QUESTIONS TO CONSIDER
- Where do you turn in the midst of a huge life transition?
- Have you ever considered allowing the church to be the first place you turn when you transition into a new phase of life?
- If God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow, how does that make him and his people unique in the unsettling waters of transition?
LISTEN to the FULL SERMON
Click here to listen to the sermon.